Thursday, July 8, 2010

My favorite beetle

Seeing as how I was a little less than two months old when John Lennon was killed, picking my favorite Beatle would be a little hard. So, imagine my surprise when I instead decided to pick my favorite beetle and found the selection to be just as frustrating. Based on the Encyclopedia of Insects, there are currently 350,000 known species of beetles, with more being discovered everyday. It must be hard for someone to pick just one, after all, with a face like this little guy, the competition must be fierce. In the long run, after my extensive elimination process, I declare my favorite to be the Clytus arietis, or wasp beetle. It takes a serious case of hubris to crawl and fly around imitating a wasp. That is just the type of thing to provoke Vicky Neal into rolling up a newspaper and bashing your brains out Clytus arietis!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Veeeeery funny. :)
Add some pictures, hyperlinks and videos when you're able! Remember: you want to model blogging for the community!

VickyNeal said...

ok, now you can see what happens if you make me angry...watch it!