Monday, May 31, 2010

Game Analysis: Alan Wake

I recently purchased Alan Wake for Xbox 360. I had been very saddened by the ending of ABC's LOST, and this game was just what I needed to pick up my spirits! The game has such a great atmosphere! The atmosphere brings me back to my first time playing the original Silent Hill and hearing the static on the radio knowing that some hell-spawned creature was close to me in the foggy city of Silent Hill. The game borrows from Twin Peaks, the Twilight Zone, and games such as Resident Evil and Silent Hill, and the story is fantastic and leaves some answers to your imagination. For anyone who knows personally about the awesomeness that is Alan Wake, you may want to check out this Analysis of Alan Wake's story. WARNING: This link is extremely spoilerish. If you have not finished the game, I suggest you DO NOT read this analysis.

No comments: