Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August Globaloria Training

I am currently sitting here learning new techniques to use this coming semester for Introduction to Gaming Concepts I. The curriculum has totally been redone, and it is exponentially better than before. What excites me most is actually the semester 2 curriculum topics. There are many ancillary topics that my students will be able to learn if they pertain to their game projects. I have never had a student say "How do I create an array?", but I have often heard "How do I keep score?". This drastic change to the wiki curriculum will make learning easier because my students don't know if they need an array. If they knew if they needed it, they would already know what it was and what it does. But, knowing what functionality that they want in their game will then answer the question of what flash skills they need to learn to faciliate that skill.

No comments: